Choosing the right San Diego preschool for your precious one means setting him in the right path to becoming a competent and responsible adult with good decision-making skills. Maybe right now, you look at your little one and think: Whats the big deal? He/shes still a baby and its just playschool.
Its understandable how some parents wouldnt want to see too far into the future but nevertheless, your childs experiences, education and social interactions in preschool are bound to play a vital role in his growth and development.
The right Chula Vista preschool will teach your child social competence.
- In Eriksons stages of psychosocial development, preschool is the age where your child starts to assert his/her control over the environment. He/she does this by directing social exchanges including play.
For this reason, you need to look for a Chula Vista preschool program that will provide your kid with lots of opportunities to develop his/her social skills.
- By being away from home, your preschooler finds himself/herself in a whole new environment where he/she has to learn the basics of how to form new relationships. This skill is essential for any stage of life.
Ask about the schools programs for the pupils and opt for one, which allows them to learn and play in groups over one that just lets them sit and watch educational television shows.
- Research reveals that adolescents who have had better preschool education demonstrate less aggression and behavioral problems. The best child care in San Diego will teach your son/daughter how to express his/her emotions in a creative and socially acceptable manner.
The schools curriculum and activities should foster creativity and they should offer materials for pretend play, painting and other forms of art.
The right Chula Vista preschool program will make a leader out of your child.
- Its true that leaders are not born but made. According to Eriksons model, kids who succeed in achieving initiative in the preschool stage are more likely to possess better leadership skills in the future.
The best preschools in San Diego will provide each child with equal opportunities to lead peers by taking attendance, community volunteer activities like in animal shelters, and other small and realistic tasks where they will most likely be successful.
- Not all preschoolers are equal in terms of emotional and mental development. A good Chula Vista preschool program is flexible with a curriculum which can be adapted for kids who are ahead and pupils who require extra help.
An ideal preschool teacher is one who modifies teaching approaches for individual kids because he understands that not all preschoolers learn the same stuff at the same pace in the exact same way.
The right child care in San Diego will teach your kid to make better choices in life.
- At preschool, the child begins to discover purpose. Along with initiative, your kid should develop a willingness to cooperate with others to achieve what purpose he/she has in mind.
The best San Diego preschool will make your child feel that he/she is actively involved in making decisions about his/her education.
- Great preschools dont just tell kids to follow a set of rules. Instead, they will encourage your child to make decisions between two smart options.
An example of this is whether he/she wants broccoli or carrots as a side dish at lunchtime or whether he/she wants to paint or play at the gym today.
- Determine the preschools attendance rate. A good preschool will have less absentees because less kids complain of being sick.
Other qualities of the best preschools in San Diego
- Take a look at the schools outdoor space. In an era where computer games pass for play, a preschool which encourages outdoor activities is more important than ever.
Choose a school which exposes preschoolers to nature and allows them to enhance their motor skills as they explore their environment with mild supervision.
- Youll know youve signed up with a good preschool if the teachers dont just break up fights then force the kids to hug afterwards. Instead, he will address the situation by talking to the children about what happened then help them come up with a solution on their own.
All these are crucial in helping your child develop necessary problem-solving skills.
In conclusion, the perfect preschool is one that will arm your child with the right skills that will be useful for him/her in the future. Choose a school with a curriculum and activities that will let children discover the world, relate with their peers, make choices and solve problems on their own.
Choose a school which recognizes that its never too early to teach your kid about being a responsible member of the community. Check out the video below for more info:
Great Schools! (March 24, 2016). 10 signs of a great preschool. Retrieved from: http://www.greatschools.org/gk/articles/10-signs-great-preschool/
Naeyc for Families. A Good Preschool for Your Child. Retrieved from: https://families.naeyc.org/accredited-article/good-preschool-your-child
Bright Horizons Family Solutions. How to Choose a Preschool. Retrieved from: http://www.brighthorizons.com/family-resources/e-family-news/how-to-choose-a-preschool/
The author does not allow comments to this entry